Musgrave Craft Gin has been ranked amongst the 50 best gins in the world at the distinguished 2022 Fifty Best Gin Awards in New York, USA. The Cape Town-based distillery was awarded a Double Gold medal for their Musgrave Original (alongside just seven other international gins) and a Gold medal for Musgrave Rose Pink (South Africa’s original pink gin) amongst 22 other international gins.
The Fifty Best Awards adhere to strict tasting rules and rigorous methodology, rating each of the 53 contenders individually on a 1–5 point scoring system.
“It’s an absolute honour to have been selected for both our gins and to stand amongst the world’s very best. The original Pink Gin that SA loves along with our Original Gin are as I always intended for them to be, in a class of their own,” says Simone Musgrave, founder of Musgrave Crafted Spirits.
TheFiftyBest.com is a digital guide to wines and spirits, featuring rated listings resulting from proprietary blind tastings as judged by wine and spirits journalists, spirits professionals, wine and spirit retailers, mixologists, spirits consultants and connoisseurs.
Musgrave Crafted Spirits adds this accolade to an already long list. They include –
For Musgrave Original Gin:
- Michelangelo International Wine & Spirits Awards Silver (2016, 2017)
- Michelangelo International Wine & Spirits Awards Gold (2018)
- IWSC Silver (2019)
- SA Craft Gin Awards Single Gold (2019)
For Musgrave Pink Gin:
- Michelangelo International Wine & Spirits Awards Gold (2016)
- Michelangelo International Wine & Spirits Awards Double Gold (2018)
- SA Craft Gin Awards Gold (2019)
- IWSC Silver (2017), SA Women’s Wine and Spirit Awards Gold (2018)
- Fifty Best Gin Awards Silver (2020)