The weather is warming up - time for some refreshing gin and fruit cocktails!
After a long and very cold winter, celebrate the arrival of warmer days with some refreshing gin and fruit cocktails
Make a jug-full and share!
You will need:
- 2 - 3 tablespoons sugar
- Juice of 2 limes (about 1/4 cup)
- 500 g ( 1/2kg) fresh strawberries
- 2 cups gin of your choice
- 3 cups soda water
- Keep aside a few strawberries for garnishing.
- Mix the sugar and lime juice.
- Slice the remaining strawberries and mash them lightly with the sugar and lime juice. Stir in the gin and soda water into the strawberry mash.
- Fill the jug with ice and pour the mixture over the ice.
- Garnish with fresh mint and the remaining sliced strawberries, slotted onto the edge of the glass.