Blackwood Spirits Frozen Gin Sour
A refreshing drink for a hot day!
If you have no lemons use limes instead, or combine lemons and limes.
This recipe is sufficient for four generous servings.
- Blackwood Spirits London Dry Gin
- 2 lemons, zested
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- Lemon peel from one lemon
- 1 cup sparkling water
- Mint and lemon for garnish
- In a pot, combine the lemon zest, water and sugar. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- In a bowl, stir together the cooled lemon syrup with peel, lemon juice and mineral water. Sieve out solids before freezing. If you have an ice cream maker use according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- If you don’t have an ice cream maker, you may freeze the mixture in a tray in the freezer for 1.5 hours. Remove mixture from the freezer and stir with a whisk or fork to break down the icy particles. Return it back to the freezer and stir once every hour for about four hours. The more times you stir, the more air will be incorporated, resulting in a lighter finished product.
- Finally, in four suitable glasses, add 50ml of gin to each glass, split the frozen mix between the glasses, give it a good stir and garnish with a lemon wheel and sprig of mint
To purchase, please contact us directly.
Or view our stockists via our website: http://www.blackwoodspirits.com
Additional contact details:
Telephone: +27 21 852 3590
Address: Unit 2, Fish Eagle Park, Ou Paardevlei Road, Somerset West, South Africa, 7130